In partnership with the Ministry of Health (MOH) and the Ministry of Mental Health and Addictions (MMHA), the Community Action Initiative (CAI) has established a Training Bursary Fund to support employees of eligible Supportive Recovery Assisted Living Residences to participate in courses, workshops, certificate programs or other formal training opportunities.
Proposed training must include knowledge or skill development that will enhance the employee’s ability to support clients with substance use challenges as per the following categories:
- Crisis Intervention and Conflict Resolution
- Intervention for Substance Use Disorders
- Trauma-Informed Practice
The training bursary fund will support registered assisted living supportive recovery residences in BC to
1) strengthen the quality of services; and
2) comply with new Assisted Living Regulations that govern supportive recovery residences and bring new requirements to increase employee qualifications and set minimum standards for training.
GRANT ELIGIBILITY & FUNDING
Registered Supportive Recovery Assisted Living Residence operators who are in financial need can apply for a maximum of $8,000 per residence to support training needs related to legislative changes.
- Residences registered for 4-10 units may apply for up to $4,000
- Residences registered for 11-30 units may apply for up to $6,000
- Residence registered for 30+ units may apply for up to $8,000
This document outlines key details on the application process, guidelines, and eligibility requirements for the Support Recovery Assisted Living Residence Training Grants.
This document provides an overview of some available training that may be relevant for agencies that offer residential support to individuals experiencing substance use. Please note that this is an optional resource that you may wish to consult as you consider potential training opportunities.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis between October 2019 and December 2020. All courses must be complete, and receipts submitted by December 31st, 2020. Only fully completed application forms will be considered.
To apply for a training bursary, please click the button below.